Thread: The OLBs
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013   #87
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The OLBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Oh hell, what the heck...
Barkeep, I'll have what he's having.
...and make mine a double.
It really is going to be fine. Mercilus will get over his injury and he will be a factor for us. He'll easily outshine what Barwin gave us. Easily. I'm not hung up on wins this year or at least not on some massive number of wins. I don't care if we have problematic injuries right now either. We have young guys like Jefferson who will get in there some and contribute I'm sure but they've got all year to get up to speed. Williams and Montgomery aren't going to be the guys we'd hoped they would be but they'll look a lot better by the end of the year than they do right now.

What we look like late in the year and making the postseason are all I care about and it's way too early to be thinking about any of that. If you look good on paper right now, look good on the field at least some of the time, and have no injuries to key players that will keep them out for the entire season then you're fine. We're fine.

Sure, we're one Cushing injury away from being in trouble with our ILB's. Everyone in the NFL is one injury away from bring screwed somewhere. The injury bug will strike, you just have to hope it doesn't hit where you couldn't afford to build any depth or where you're thin due to **** happening.

I'm fine with 9 or 10 wins and a wild card if we go charging into the playoffs this time instead of staggering and stumbling in again.