View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The backup RB battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's my fault that my posts are misconstrued often.
On the other hand, I can't keep reminding people not to fantasize and to make things up.

Is there anywhere that I said anything bad about Tate?
Or about not wanting him on the roster?

The fact remains that the Texans just need Foster to stay healthy and some guy(s) to give him a breather now and then.

Obviously, you would want each position to be as stacked as possible in case of an injury. A healthy Tate is definitely better than any of the other guys; that's a given.
Tate is another Sharpton situation, love to have him healthy a season especially in a possible SB season but....you just do not know what you are getting. I agree 76 that Foster is the man and we basically need a relief for him. I see Karim as a replacement for Forsett and much faster. If we can get a decent pick I'd do it and go with Wood. If we cannot, Tate remains and we pray for his health as we do for rain, daily.

The WR corps disturbs me a bit also with Hopson still in day 1 of protocols. As of today, we seem to offer MS same weapons as last season. Posey is a slight plus until we know what we have and Jean looked good today. He could give Matt a bit of reassurance if he can win his QB's trust and allow Hopson and Posey time to get healthier. I wished our LBs were this deep.