View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FantasyFirstRoundStrategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
3 points for every passing TD
+14 points for 4 passing TDs
5 points for every passing TD after 4 (on 5th, 6th, & 7th passing TD the player gets 5 points instead of 3)

we start
QB
1 RBs
2 WRs
2 Flex
K
Def
That is a scoring system I have never seen -- very unique. I'd call it high-performance QB heavy scoring. A 4th passing TD is worth 17 points, wow. I'd imagine teams with best records had a high performance QB? For instance, Brees & Rodgers had 4 4+ TD games last year while Peyton and Flacco and Cam Newton had 0. (Cam will be adjusted up a bit for rushing TDs, something Peyton won't have)

You'll have to upgrade QBs with 4+ TD per game potential, with Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers way above the rest, imo. You can use this tool to see who fits the bill: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Dr00/gamelog//

Next with 2 Flex spots I'd go RB heavy. Starting RBs get lots of touches, typically.

It's important to look at last year's draft and see when QBs were taken so you can adjust to that. And compare player fantasy points scoring within position groups and across position groups. That'll give you an idea of how to value players & position groups.

What you're looking to do is create Tiers of approximately equal value players with each position group. So if QB1 scored(and is projected to score) 200 points and QB2 scored 196 points and QB3 scored 174 points, you see there QB1 & QB2 are in Tier 1 and QB3 at the top of Tier 2. Your goal is to group players in each Tier having roughly the same value.

If you'll do a bunch of these: http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/s...=0&scoring=STD you can get a feel for drafting tendencies, but it's based on standard scoring not your unique system.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote