Thread: under pressure
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The link is to website with the story 'bout Babin's playing weight being 'bout
280 in college. Look at "Negatives" within the "Analysis" topic. I think NFL.COM is a pretty reliable web site re it's info., but I certainly can't personally vouch for the veracity of the info in this particular story.
After having seen Babin in person, I would say he's south of 260 if anything and
would not have the frame and height to adaquately carry 280 and still have
tfhe quickness needed at OLB. And I bet his handlers advised him that he would
be most marketable as an OLB even though it would represent a big learning curve. There's what, 4 or 5 other 3-4 teams besides us ? I just don't think the
guy is big enough to play down lineman - at any weight he puts on his frame.
Maybe at W.Michigan, but not in the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/jason_babin
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote