View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013   #589
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I disagree, if that was the case, then Yates would've been the first off the bench in every preseason game we've played.

If Case outplays Yates, he'll be listed the back up...
Though the numbers are close, we've got many here that believe Case is playing better than Yates. Marginally, but definitely.

I'm assuming you're not convinced yet. I believe two weeks & a day from today, Tj Yates will be on the active day roster, Case will not. If that is the case, I'll take that to mean there never was a competition to begin with.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Case, I like the energy, there appears to be an "it" factor, hope. But he hasn't played so well that I would ignore the benefit of experience. Nor has he played well enough that I would chance it. Though we may feel good about it we know it is more likely he'll go the way of Graham Harrell, Mark Sanchez, Matt Lienart, than Tom Brady.

I also believe when odds are better that he might be Tom Brady, he'll get the back-up job without much fanfare. Tj would be traded, or released & Case would get the job "by default." Kubiak doesn't need these preseason games to "know" how Case would do. He's seen enough. Putting him in with the 1s & 2s was for Case's benefit, to get him to where he needs to be.