View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013   #588
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
actually, the Packers did just that intentionally last night with Harrell. that is not the norm, but Rodgers was pulled against the Seahawks after a series and Harrell came in for the rest of the 1st half.
The Colts used to do the same thing with Peyton, back when their defense sucked, hardly had a running game, and the entire team's success was tied to him... preseason was spent mostly on Jim Sorgi. Elite QBs are treated differently... Schaub is not elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
One of the battles the Case is facing with Yates is exact that...Kubiak saw Yates not fall totally apart again real NFL defenses. The offense went conservative and Yates was pretty meh from a big picture NFL QBing perspective, but given the situation Yates did better than expected. May or may not be totally fair, Keenum has to legitimately outplay Yates based the "experience" of Yates against real competition. Thought this was pretty obvious.
I disagree, if that was the case, then Yates would've been the first off the bench in every preseason game we've played. This is the first time I can remember that Kubiak has rotated equal playing time between two QBs and has openly discussed a open competition at the position. I think a lot of posters here are hanging on to that "experience" two years ago than Kubiak is.. honestly I don't even think Kubiak is even thinking about that right now, if he was he'd already have his mind set on his #2 QB. If Case outplays Yates, he'll be listed the back up, experience from two years ago will hardly be a factor, I mean it's not like Yates set the world on fire or had that many starts and it happened two years ago. Both of these QBs are still wet behind the ears as far as starting experience goes.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote