View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013   #560
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Brady didn't prove anything when he led a team to the SB that was the underdog in every playoff game including the SB against the Rams? Lol!

His numbers were that of a rookie type of QB around that time. His leadership that season was that of an elite QB especially with his clutch plays he made that was good enough to take the job of one of the best passers in the league. It was no surprise to see the same guy lead his team to two more SB's in the next 3 years. This is as silly as saying Joe Montana and Elway's seasons weren't really any good when they were going to SB's, because neither one of them were putting up crazy numbers really. Not every season any way. Elway's team wasn't built that way at the time, and neither was Brady's team.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say Tex.

My point was that Brady was a sixth round draft pick; by the same logic of an UDFA, he was passed of many times over.
It means that in the eyes of the other 31 organizations, he proved little to nothing in college.
It so means that he was not regarded highly at all by the team that drafted him, by that same logic.
He made the team as the fourth QB on the depth chart.
(That might as well be a PS spot, except Belichik started seeing something,
but not enough yet.)
Fans from other team, the vast majority of them at least, most likely don't think anything at all of a fourth string QB.
What had he proved up to that point?
Nothing to the naked eyes.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote