View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The backup RB battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Yeah. I don't think that Kubiak likes Wood as much as the rest of us do. I'm not sure why that is. It might be that he doesn't practice very well and to get a chance with Kubiak, you've got to be a professional who gets his business done on the practice field.

Judging from when different guys have been seeing the field, I think the depth chart as of the LAST preseason game was:

1. Foster
2. Tate
3. Karim
4. Dennis Johnson
5. Cierre Wood
6. Ray Graham.

From what I've been seeing, it really looks like they prefer Dennis Johnson and I suspect he's actually been the one that's been the best on the practice field.

Unless something strange happens, I expect Foster/Tate/Karim to start the season as our RBs and I expect them to try to slip DJ and/or Wood to the PS. I think Graham is out which is sad because I think he's a pretty talented guy who just hasn't gotten enough touches.
From the horse's mouth: Pass pro & not "helping Joe".

I do agree somewhat that there's a chance he could get snagged and not make it through waivers but in the same breath I don't know what other teams have to offer at the RB position that other teams may covet more.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote