View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The backup RB battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
I have been the most impressed with Wood and Karim. My feeling is that Karim will be our #3 due to his play and his experience.

I would love for the Texans to make Wood #3 or #4, but my feeling on this is that he and the rest of them will be waived. My guess right now is that it will be Foster/Tate/Karim on the roster.

Somebody will grab Wood from the waiver wire. Not sure who, but I definitely see this happening. It has happened before.

Yeah. I don't think that Kubiak likes Wood as much as the rest of us do. I'm not sure why that is. It might be that he doesn't practice very well and to get a chance with Kubiak, you've got to be a professional who gets his business done on the practice field.

Judging from when different guys have been seeing the field, I think the depth chart as of the LAST preseason game was:

1. Foster
2. Tate
3. Karim
4. Dennis Johnson
5. Cierre Wood
6. Ray Graham.

From what I've been seeing, it really looks like they prefer Dennis Johnson and I suspect he's actually been the one that's been the best on the practice field.

Unless something strange happens, I expect Foster/Tate/Karim to start the season as our RBs and I expect them to try to slip DJ and/or Wood to the PS. I think Graham is out which is sad because I think he's a pretty talented guy who just hasn't gotten enough touches.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote