View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL pressured ESPN to abandon PBS concussion documentary project

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Not the first time this happened... There was a show on ESPN about 9-10 years ago (IIRC it was called Playmakers), that they pulled the plug on after the NFL made a "suggestion"
It was more than a suggestion. The NFL flat out hated the show. The commish at the time, Paul Tagliabue, openly criticized the series and threatened ESPN.

PRO FOOTBALL; Citing N.F.L., ESPN Cancels 'Playmakers'

As far as this Frontline documentary, I look forward to it. Frontline won't back down. They have no reason to fear the NFL, and they have taken on some very seriious subjects head on over the years.

I DVR the series and hope they really do their homework like they usually do for stories.

I like pro football, but eff the NFL's 800-pound gorilla attitude.