View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013   #120
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I think some here are under-valuing the intangibles Reed brings. Look at the way the D folded down the stretch. Even at his reduced state, he can still play center fielder reasonably well.

More importantly, he's a guy with a rep. And folks like Mr. Manning and Mr. Brady know that rep and I know they look at film - I get that. Still, they have a decade long history with this guy and having him back there is a psychological plus imo.

Secondly, it's a psychological boost for the other 10 guys out there. Again, somewhat based off of rep more than current reality, but there is something reassuring about having a coach on the field out there, and his on field leadership, and making sure guys are aware of formations etc,.and lined up correctly is a huge plus imo.

Let's also not under estimate also his locker room presence. Having a guy with that kind of reputation, ability, and leadership can only help bring young guys along more quickly and better.

Is he worth it? In my humble opinion, yes. Worth every penny.

My guess is he's starting week 3. Not sure if he'll make an appearance in the first 2 games.
This. This. THIS!

the main reason they brought him here. Everyone including the coaching staff and front office knew the team just **** the proverbial bed at the end of the season. Reading too many of their own stories and drinking their own Kool-Aid. Reed WILL NOT let that happen.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote