View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013   #107
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
You just got done telling me that the Texans could sign Quin, Watt and Cushing if they wanted to. Then that they have someone who knows how to manage the cap when sometimes managing the cap means not signing a Glover Quin for 5 years 23 million.

I am not saying they HAD to pass on Quin to get Cushing and Watt, but that it might be a good idea when you are going after guys that are going to command alot of money. But I guess that is "silly" to you.
They had an opportunity to sign Ed Reed.

They wanted to sign Ed Reed.

They had to find a way to do that, that made sense.

I'd have dumped Danieal Manning, but that would have hurt us the most.

They chose not to bring back Glover Quin. To offset his youth vs Reed's, they also drafted Swearinger.

There isn't a lot of difference between Reed's contract & Glovers. Reed isn't going anywhere for the next three years. We will resign Cushing & Watt, regardless.

We may have to let OD go, less he restructures. We may let Antonio Smith go ($9M). They might restructure Schaub/Andre.

If they think it's important, they'll manage the cap to keep the players they feel are important to keep.