View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013   #593
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Hopkins was reported today as not having gotten out of "Phase I" of the Concussion Return to Play Protocol. Many of you may not be familiar with what these phases signify.

In brief, a player needs to complete five phases of exercise and recovery before taking the field. The phases consist of increasing levels of exertion:

I.Being symptom-free for 24 hours (essentially at total rest)

II.Performing light physical activity (e.g., walking) without re-developing symptoms for 24 hours

III.Performing sport-specific activities (e.g., running) without re-developing symptoms for 24 hours

IV.Participating in non-contact practice (e.g., sprinting, passing the ball, also weight lifting) without re-developing symptoms for 24 hours

V.Participating in full-contact practice without re-developing symptoms for 24 hours

If symptoms recur, the player must rest for 24 hours before resuming the process one step lower than when symptoms returned.

The report on Hopkins then fundamentally tells us that at rest, he is still exhibiting signs and/or symptoms of the concussion he sustained last Saturday.
Is this a screwed up way to make the pick of AJ more appealing?