View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013   #7
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster 3rd overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
With .5 PPR Fosters 2012 lack of receptions will drop him slightly on draft boards, especially with his current back situation. It might also elevate a guy like Jamaal Charles due to Andy Reid's former offenses with Philly having the RBs get lots of receptions and yards.

Foster certainly isn't a bad option in PPR, but there are logical reasons behind his drop. Make no mistake though, the Texans will use the crap out of Foster while he's healthy. And the man is a bona fide TD machine.
Good post bong. Charles is somebody I love in an andy reid offense.

I'd say 3-4 is about right for foster (ad, charles, foster/martin.) Next guys in line all have their own questions...

Rice should be legit but he hasnt had fosters production and will lose carries to pierce. Hes also older.

Richardson's had his own continuous injury issues. He doesn't have fosters track record. He has average talent around him which means defenses will key on him everydown.

McCoy is comming off a bad year. I like his ppr potential in a hurry up offense which should give him a lot of opportunities, but who's his qb? New offense. Minor injury concerns.

Spiller IS a breakout candidate. Big play potential on any touch. I had him last year and for a stretch he was amazing. But who's the bill's qb? New offense. Fred Jackson is still going to get carries.

I'm not sure I see anyone else in this range you can consider drafting ahead of foster. Morris has a limited history, has questionable receiving skills, and at the end of the day he's still a shanny rb. Not sure I trust him just yet. Calvin Johnson is a freak but stafford has to remain healthy for him to really prosper...reggie bush is going to get some of that workload and ofcourse taking a wr in round 1 means you will be desperate for rb talent later in the draft.

Foster seems a safe 1 thru 4 selection to me. Ultimately you often have to decide: do I take the guy comming off a great season who's consistent or the guy who's about to have his breakout year?