View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013   #518
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Can the amount of compensatory picks in each round account for the difference?

Look guys, I am not saying that just because Player X was taken higher than Player Y, Player X is better than Player Y. I am just saying that, generally speaking, the more talented players are drafted higher than the less talented players. Its the reason for the draft- to give the worst teams the first crack at the best talent.
I was going through the NFL rosters from A to I, and even I was surprised at the number of starters on all these teams.

You figure with 22 starting spots on each team, one should find just one or maybe two UDFA starters, but nope. Teams have two, three, and even four of them. Many of them have been long-time starters; some have turned in good season(s) recently. I was surprised at many of the names as they are really good players or budding young talents.

Interestingly, the Browns were the team that had no UDFA as starter.
Coincidence???
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote