View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013   #88
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster's Week 1 availability in doubt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
After hearing the actual interview, I was a little dissapointed
at how "pissy" he sounded when he was responding to the questions.

This town loves it players, but much-more-so, historically, when
the come across as "nice guys".

Aka Watt, Earl, Dream, etc.

After making everyone wait for 3 hours (or so I've heard) you could
atleast be pleasant.

Part of his job is interfacing with the media -- and by extension,
the fans.

TJ
Eh. Regarding the 3 hour wait.

Some in media who were not there assumed that Foster made them wait. After I asked, did you ask the Texans if there was something else going on, Kevin Cooper in PR said on Twitter:

Quote:
he was getting treatment and weights. Wednesdays are long days.

we kept updating media on his progress giving approx. timeline
I'm okay with him doing what he needs to do before meeting with media.

As it relates to his answers, he can be short with things he is not interested in answering. He's got burned in the past regarding injury discussions. i.e. hamstring, heart scare.

So, it was clear he didn't want to do a discourse on his health other than saying he was fine.

The better way to answer the question would be to say, "I know there are people interested in the details of my health. I would prefer to keep that quiet other than saying that I'm fine, I'm ready to go Game 1, even if I don't play in the preseason."

That would be more polite. I personally thought he sounded like he was joking around. And I don't take players/coaches being short with me personally.

Ultimately, if you get with Arian that he doesn't like to be treated like a commodity, and thinks that there is too much over-analysis and speculation, then it is easier to ask him questions. But it is never easy, easy to ask him about football. With non-football, you can get him to answer all sorts of outside the box sorts of things.

Generally, I try not to assume the worst in people. And let them be whoever they want to be. Every player has a different style--personally, I enjoy Foster's style even though it can be short, because it's more real/interesting than the robot talk.