View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013   #507
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Only if you accept the assumption that the scouting is done properly. Plenty of elite talent has fallen through the cracks. Foster is a perfect example. He's one of the three or four best RBs in the NFL (2nd, in my book), but he wasn't drafted for reasons that were not related to talent.
Hence the "by and large" part of my post. Generally speaking, those drafted in the first are more talented than those drafted in the second, who are in turn more talented than those taken in the 3rd, etc. Certainly scouting is not perfect- there are too many variables. Take a random UDFA QB out of a list and a random 1st round QB, and see which one you want. Odds are, it will be the 1st rounder.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote