View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: TSV Video: Breaking Down Miami CB Brent Grimes' Interception Of Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Harris was getting all pizzed off that Matt didn't throw it to a wide-open Andre.

That doesn't bother me.

9 times out of 10 in the regular season, Matt's not going to ignore AJ like that. He's going to feed him the ball. The way I see this is that this is pre-season and Matt is trying to get Nuk involved. He's putting the ball where Nuk is supposed to be to develop some of that timing and trust. It's more about testing Nuk and getting him prepped for the regular season than making the right QB read/throw in that situation.
I hear what you're saying, but Matt is always talking about taking what the defense gives you...

I hope you're right, & in the regular season that safety stays home & Matt gets the ball to Andre. Then DeAndre is doing exactly what we want him to, draw that attention.

But this is one of those situations where some people would accuse Matt of "staring down" his receiver. People wrongly accuse Peyton of the same thing. They are purposely trying to get that safety to come over, if he never does, they have an easy throw. If they come over, the other route should be open.

Where that screws them up, especially Peyton, they wait too long to pull the trigger. They want the other route so bad that they keep their attention on the first read & the safety never bites. They end up throwing it so late, that the receiver's route closes the gap they're trying to open.

But anyway.