View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013   #493
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Who here thinks that Yates looked really good in his time vs Miami? I do.
I do, as well. I've always pulled for Yates since the 2011 season where he showed a lot of guts taking the reins after the Schaub/Leinart injuries. I couldn't pass him on the depth chart from what I've seen thus far in the preseason. By the same token, I couldn't waive Keenum based upon what I've seen in the preseason. They are both 2 of the 40 players on this team, much less top 53.

I have to give a lot of credit to Kubiak. We've been waiting for Kubiak to get an opportunity to develop a young QB from the ground up. Now he has two, and he has done a heck of job with these kids. Mike Holmgren once had a reputation for developing young QBs and creating trade value with them (Hasselbeck, Brunell, Brooks to name a few). It's possible Kubiak could do the same here given the chance. I think they should draft a QB at some point every year.