View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TSV Video: Breaking Down Miami CB Brent Grimes' Interception Of Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think it would have put Hopkins in between Grimes and the ball and would have had the ball coming more directly at Nuk.
Maybe I confused myself here, but...

As I see it, Hopkins rounded off the route, so it should take him longer to get where he needed to be.

Then he got his foot caught behind Grimes; that ought to slow him down some more.

Yet when I look at the trajectory of the ball, it was still slightly behind (or just right there).

I'm still thinking that ball has to be thrown further to the inside if it was an anticipatory throw where Schaub slings it just before or when Hopkins was supposed to make the cut.

I need to go back to the big screen and see if the camera angle can show exactly when the ball left Schaub's hand.

I don't have a perfect TV angle.
With NFL replay, can you tell us exactly what happened?
Sometimes, they don't have a perfect angle either in the regular season games that I've seen.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote