View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2014 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I don't think we'll go for a QB in 2014. I think Schaub will play here for 2 more years thus giving the Texans the chance and time to better evaluate Yates and Keenum. If they determine that neither of them is the future of the Texans QB position then the Texans will most likely take a QB in the 2015 draft, possibly going all in on someone they really like and move up in the 1st to get a good one.

I also was one of the guys that doubted Keenum stood much of a chance in the NFL but I must admit he impressed me when he played against the Dolphins with the 1's and 2's. I'm really beginning to see Schaub as the albatross around the Texans neck, limiting the team and weighing them down. I really wish Smith had not extended Schaub at the beginning of last season.
Smith extending MS was one of smartest things he ever has done. If not, who was our QB? The contract is actually very team friendly but I have to remove any prejudice I have against MS before discussing. lol
First we have to consider if not offered would MS gone elsewhere? His signing bonus was reasonable compared to what other QBs were getting. His base for 2012 was $4.4m and $7.25m this year & cap was $10.75 & $14.5.

You could be right about no QB in '14 draft, however, most agree it is better for a rookie to sit 1-2 years under a good starting vet and learn and adjust. Also, '14 should be QB heavy with several going first round. IE, we can get a good one @ #32. If Keenum is as good as I think he will be by 2015, I could see him starting and backed by Yates (if he agrees. He might want to start elsewhere).

As set, this roster should eliminate Texans for having to desperately plug one position as we did this year with WR2. So..if a franchise type player at premium position is there and other "needs" can be addressed lower why not? When have the Texans ever gone "all in" to move up in first? Smith thinks draft picks are valuable and has moved up but not by going all in.

Fales or McCarron if there are very accurate players like Keenum. I will be watching to see if they have a higher ceiling. Let's use MS as he is the best we have & should be 2014. It would be sweet if we could lose his 2015 &'16 contract and bring in a couple good draft selections.