View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013   #169
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
It's really hard to defend Ninja when he's so wrong and it's on film...even when he's so right. The homer in me wants to say the regular season game suspension was unwarranted but it probably is.

Caught between a rock and a hard place.
I think some of us have been very clear that we're OK with Antonio Smith getting punished, but we just want Incognito punished AS WELL. He instigated the incident, and he tried to injure Antonio Smith. If there's no punishment for deliberately trying to injure another player, then you have to expect players to "fix it", as ED said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Ninja maybe went a little too far with taking Incognito's helmet and all but I understand Davis's take. Sometimes you got to stand up and let a guy like Incognito know that you can't be pushed around.
When the league won't protect players, they have to protect themselves. In my eyes, the league is complicit in this incident, because their radar should be locked on to Incognito from years past. That guy has issues with lots of players besides Smith. So letting Incognito's behavior go unchecked is the same as condoning it. So the league is not protecting players from Incognito's play that is clearly outside of the rules and spirit of the game.

So yeah, I'm OK with Smith getting sat down, but I am not OK with the NFL or Incognito. And I am OK with Smith's reaction, except for the fact that he didn't connect. If you're going to get sat down, make it worthwhile. Personally, I hope Incognito suffers some career ending injury.