View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013   #163
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
What exactly is the NFL going to fine Incognito for exactly? I know Hands to the Face is illegal in the context of the game, but they don't retroactively fine players for missed penalties, that's a terrible precedent to set. The refs share a little blame for missing these very egregious penalties by Incognito, leading to the rest of the confrontation (of course they didn't penalize Smith for going all Ninja on the helmet swing either, so those guys are bozos all round). The NFL should definitely have had a close eye on Incognito for his reputation but as far as fines/suspensions for Incognito for this incident I just don't think the stuff he did warrant that punishment.
Isn't this exactly what is happening to Smith?

I don't mind retroactive penalties, but come on, make it CONSISTANT, hurt them all!