View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The backup RB battle

All we know is that in the last conference call, Kubiak said that nobody has separated himself.

(on evaluating the rookie free agent running backs) “Well, I don’t think anybody has separated themselves. I think I said last night, there’s something about (RB) Deji (Karim) that’s very trusting. He’s played a little bit of football in the NFL. He does everything right. He’s helping (special teams coordinator) Joe (Marciano) on special teams. I think, if anything, he’s probably a little ahead of the other guys, probably just from experience. (RB Dennis) Johnson has shown some signs, has practiced extremely well. It hasn’t transferred to the field the way I’d like it to, but there has been some good things. He’s excellent in his pass protection. Last night, not much happened in the run game and then he turns the ball over, which obviously you can’t do. We’re going to continue to give him opportunities because it’s been an excellent camp. (RB Cierre) Wood’s got a lot of talent. He’s inconsistent in what he’s doing. He’s got to play better for Joe on special teams. Those guys have got to sort it out for us and they’re going to get a great deal of time here over the next two weeks.”

Basically, he saw it just like I do.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote