View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013   #478
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I just don't see it. Schaub is who hs is. Schaub is 32 now and I doubt all of a sudden he will turn elite. If our running game is going and defense is good, we can win with him. Schaub won't carry this team on his back tho.
That "elite" tag is somewhat misleading. How many people consider Eli Manning to be "elite" when most of his season totals are pretty pedestrian. Luck has as much to do with being called "elite" as straight up talent does. It took two incredibly lucky passes for Eli to win 2 SB's and be named MVP in them. Football is more team-oriented than any other team sport. You simply don't see a single player who can take a team on his back and take over a game, a series or a season very often in the NFL. I know that's just one example, but there are plenty of others to be found at different positions.