View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013   #138
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio * Suspended all preseason and season opener

What exactly is the NFL going to fine Incognito for exactly? I know Hands to the Face is illegal in the context of the game, but they don't retroactively fine players for missed penalties, that's a terrible precedent to set. The refs share a little blame for missing these very egregious penalties by Incognito, leading to the rest of the confrontation (of course they didn't penalize Smith for going all Ninja on the helmet swing either, so those guys are bozos all round). The NFL should definitely have had a close eye on Incognito for his reputation but as far as fines/suspensions for Incognito for this incident I just don't think the stuff he did warrant that punishment.

Ritchie Incognito is a piece of **** Guard who relies on Courtland Finnegan type tactics to get under players skin in order to get them penalized or ejected. Those guys exist in this league and when you do things like swinging helmets at them you are playing into their hand. Antonio Smith is (what I thought) a much better player than that and could keep his temper in check, and while I doubt he cares about my opinions, but it's disappointing.