View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013   #472
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If I get what I want and we trade or cut MS after 2014, would you re-sign Yates for 2015 (if he would agree to reasonable deal + accept a back up role to Keenum or would you look elsewhere? Currently I am looking for a QB in next draft. It takes 2-3 years to develop so why not get one soon?
Before we draft the next Pat White, Colt McCoy, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, or Drew Stanton, I want to see Tj and Case in a real game.

If I were Kubiak & I thought my future at QB is a problem worthy of a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, I would find a way to get Tj/Case into a game. They're both talented, they're both pretty sharp, they've both had plenty of time to learn the system.

If I felt like my QB situation is fine, with a combination of Schaub, Yates, & Keenum.... I wouldn't. Yates/Keenum would get in a game if something happened to Schaub, that's it. I'm expecting to win a championship in 2013. I think Schaub is going to be a big part of that. His contract will most likely be extended through 2018, expecting him to be our starting QB through 2016 when he'll be 35.