View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013   #97
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio

Maybe I am biased, but after watching the entire play from a few angles I firmly believe that Incognito knew what he was doing, and got the response he was looking for from Antonio which might end up really costing Smith. I also think that Incognito was emphasising or helping the ref see Smith ripping the helmet off. You can see Incognito's arms go to his side and down rather than up to keep Antonio off him, and then he sort of bends over to help the helmet come off.

The hit almost looks WWE style. Smith may have gotten Incognito with the helmet on the chest, but Incognito really sells it by whipping his head backwards. Either that or he just really didnt want his face smashed in.

Bottom line, Incognito is still a d-bag whom everyone hates, and Smith went too far and now is getting a bad reputation. He should know the NFL isnt going to like helmets being ripped off and should expect a fine and suspension. However, I do think the NFL needs to take a look at Incognito's game film, send him a nice letter about his "style" of play and realize that he is the catalyst for a higher than usual number of these types of retaliations.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote