View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #450
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Schaub's contract is untradeable $40 million left over 3 seasons. If a team wanted Schaub, they would just wait until the Texans released him, then sign him to a cap friendlier deal. Yates would certainly be picked up if released. I don't know what kind of trade value he would have. Recouping the 5th round pick invested would be the ceiling, I would think.

Yes, we are way, way, way ahead of ourselves.
To clarify, I am talking of trading MS after 2014 with two seasons left. If we trade him his prorated bonus is moved up to Texans 2015 which is $3.5 m each or $7 m off his 2015 base of $12.5 m = difference of $5 m. There exists $1 m each year for roster bonus and I am not clear if Houston would be responsible for that or new team. I always include when posting and state a savings of $3 m if cut or traded. His 2015 base and all new team would be responsible for is $12.5 m with 2016 at $14.5 not $40 million. I think there would be more than one team interested in that.

Yates a solid back up and perhaps a starter for some would be worth more than a 5th.