View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #445
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Schaub's contract is untradeable $40 million left over 3 seasons. If a team wanted Schaub, they would just wait until the Texans released him, then sign him to a cap friendlier deal. Yates would certainly be picked up if released. I don't know what kind of trade value he would have. Recouping the 5th round pick invested would be the ceiling, I would think.

Yes, we are way, way, way ahead of ourselves.
i'm terrible with the money side of things, good info. just for my own curiosity, starting with the '14 season, would an extension make him more attractive? or is there a way the texans could eat part of his salary to make a trade more possible?

i honestly cant imagine a scenario where schaub would be traded regardless of the texans' future (he'd be cut if we went that direction), but in an ideal "madden" type world of course you'd always want to grab another pick when possible.