View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #442
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If I get what I want and we trade or cut MS after 2014, would you re-sign Yates for 2015 (if he would agree to reasonable deal + accept a back up role to Keenum or would you look elsewhere? Currently I am looking for a QB in next draft. It takes 2-3 years to develop so why not get one soon?
if we do decide keenum is our guy (getting well ahead of ourselves), i would attempt to trade both yates and schaub. yates is in his prime as far as the market goes, and i think we'd do right by schaub to get him somewhere he'd be a starter. it's a big deal to have a strong backup, but if we're following your route of taking someone relatively early i think we'd be ok with keenum, draft pick, and someone like mcgee.