View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #39
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster's Week 1 availability in doubt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Before we signed Karim, the two guys I thought to have a shot at the third RB spot were DJ and Wood.

Now, we add Karim to the mix and he has the experience edge.
But all three have been up and down.

DJ has been quite good in picking up blitz and blocking; I'm sure that doesn't go past Kubiak. One of the fumbles was unfortunate as he was on top of a defender with another trying to prop him up. The replay just doesn't have enough of a clear angle to reverse the call. It wasn't because he was reckless with the ball or he wasn't strong enough to hold on to the ball. I wouldn't put that as a negative on him.

Our run blocking still leaves a lot to be desired, I would seperate those instances when evaluating players.

IMO, Karim and DJ are neck to neck, with Wood in third.
I still need to go back and watch them really carefully, but if Karim had hit the right hole a little more often, he would be the clear winner.
But he's still not consistent enough on his read, and for a veteran, it makes you wonder of he ever will.
Hell yeah, let's make DJ our third back, and bring home the trophy as the #1 rushing team in the NFL with that whopping 1.7 YPC!