View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Replay of Dirty Incognito vs Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am dubious Antonio was trying to hit him at all and certainly not in the head. He is swinging at mid-chest level and well back. He may draw a fine but I seriously doubt he gets suspended. Can anyone think of any player who has ever been suspended for a non-hit?
The NFL is not going to look at the incident and try to determine if he was actually trying to damage Incognito with his own helmet, or if it was a warning shot. Couple that with Smith's past history of fine-inducing actions on the field, and it's not a pretty picture.

Why try to bring up whether the league has suspended players for this action before? I doubt anybody in the league has taken off another players helmet and tried to knock said player out with it before. Can always set a precedent for that with a suspension.