View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #772
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I don't listen to 610 a ton, but heard a while ago them discussing ST and as it regards Kubiak's penchant for conservatism on 3rd downs.

I mean I think they had a point about how the Texans on 3rd down almost always play it safe unless something is wide open. So, you constantly see the QB's using the check down option to a back or TE or underneath WR route hoping they can then run for it. That drives me crazy.

So, obviously that means you are playing the field position game. Yet, you don't apparently care enough about field position to make the change in the offseason that could potentially yield better results. It's very much an oxymoron. I mean I love coach Joe the man. But he stinks as a coach. He needed to be gone, and Kubes has put his stamp of approval on being 32nd in a 32 team league so this is now on Kubes!
I'm wondering if this is going to change when Lechler doesn't need the extra yards. Might as well throw it on 3rd and long.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote