View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #588
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I believed the Niners let him go even though Montana still wanted to play due to this reason?
Montana decided to keep playing and signed with the Chiefs right?
Do you think any team would have signed Montana in the present time?
I'm not sure his wife nor his agent would want him to continue playing knowing what we know today, would you agree?
Absolutely agree! I believe that even though Aikman was said to have many more, 8 is also the documented number. Aikman chose to retire after considering 2 factors.........back problems.........and number of concussions..........and that was before all the info was released re. concussions. Today, we will still see "informed" players, including QBs case the glory and the money despite the potential life-changing risk. In a 2011 piece I came across, Aikman to date states that he is not experiencing any sequellae from his concussions.....yet. Sort of interesting that Aikman pretty much has stayed neutral on the subject concerning today's players.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote