View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #406
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

I don't know, but I suspect, he's a gamer. He's one of those guys that doesn't practice all that well but who turns it on when the lights come on.

And with Kubiak and a lot of NFL coaches, that's kind of a problem. They don't want to trust anyone who isn't showing them they've got it down during practice. A gamer doesn't help those around him out during practice and might even be a detriment during the week.
We really don't know what they are doing in practice at times even if we watch it.

Kubiak could tell the QB, hey, throw a ball high and wide, I want to see if this receiver can go get it.

Or he could say, hey, I want you to throw the ball into that tight space; I want to see these two guys fighting for it.

Sometimes, at field level, we can't tell whether a receiver is running the correct route.

I mean, there's a ton of things that we don't have a clue about.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote