View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #405
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

When you watch other preseason games and see all the terrible QB play from the backups, it's pretty clear that we've got a helluva luxury here in that we've got 2 guys who are respectable backups. I'm really excited by Case because he seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.

I don't know, but I suspect, he's a gamer. He's one of those guys that doesn't practice all that well but who turns it on when the lights come on.

And with Kubiak and a lot of NFL coaches, that's kind of a problem. They don't want to trust anyone who isn't showing them they've got it down during practice. A gamer doesn't help those around him out during practice and might even be a detriment during the week.

Last year, people were worried about Case getting snatched off our PS and those fears were unwarranted. But now? No way he clears waivers.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote