View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #404
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready to see Keenum with first team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I trust you won't be terribly crushed as that has no chance in hell of happening.

Dream on.
This is not exactly true. Case just needs to take the position from Yates. Yates is never going to be the starter here. Not sure why some people still have this delusion of that ever happening. Even Kubiak isn't that silly.

If Case can decisively take the 2nd string job, Schaub could easily get hurt with how slow he is when he is blitzed or takes a hit. Everyone knows Schaub is pretty fragile. Case could potentially get a chance to start for a game or so in the regular season and could potentially shine for all we know. I've watched Schaub so far this season, and he looks slower then ever. His release does as well. There is no doubt in my mind that he'll struggle a lot against teams that effectively blitz us and get to Schaub, because he simply can't extend plays where defenders disrupt his pocket presence. Case may be going against scrubs, but with his skill set, even if his QB IQ is worse then Schaub's, I think his other intangibles also being other strengths that Schaub doesn't have. When I see a guy like Case moving around in the pocket and making nice throws with better velocity and nice placement, this offense looks like it has tons of more potential.

All it will take is a Schaub injury which we've seen in 3 different seasons could easily happen.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote