View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Rate My Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I have trust issues with my team as well.

The thing with this years draft though is there are questions with all the top RB's imo.

AP - safest pick in the draft, 18 months removed from ACL surgery
Foster - questions about missing week 1, insane workload, low ypc last year
Martin - rookie season last year, not super consistent, hurt already
Lynch - injuries in early career, looks to have fewer carries this season
Spiller - 5'11 195 supposed to take a full workload for first time, new QB, new coaching staff
Charles - Hurt already, history of injuries, smaller back, never handled full workload.
Mccoy - Smaller back, new offense, 1 concussion away from sitting out a few games
Morris - Shannahanigans, sophomore back, RG3 health

I could keep going but like Powda said, I feel like Lynch is the safe pick and probably not a homerun. Same with Sproles, it's PPR with 1 pt per 20 return yards which means Sproles should score at least a few points every week. He might not end up on the top performers list week in and week out but I also don't have to worry about him putting up goose eggs.

The problem with RB's this year is there just aren't a whole lot of them to choose from so even though these guys you listed may have some questions about them, they are still undoubtedly studs and all are very worthy of the first round. Martin was cleared of a concussion, so there's no issue there, and Charles foot issue is just a strain I believe (so it shouldn't bother too much). I also believe Arian is going to be playing that first game, even though we are reading about back injections and whatnot. Spiller is a definitely a top 5 back, and the Bills coaching staff has stated publicly they are using him till the wheels fall off.

EDIT: My RB draft board goes something like 1. AP 2. Martin 3. Spiller 4. Foster 5. Lynch 6. Charles 7. McCoy 9. Richardson 10. Rice 11. Morris