View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013   #380
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
My point is that unless you run a vertical attack, which is not what the WCO is about, you don't need your QB to have a cannon of an arm.

40 yard throw is good enough to keep the defense honest.
You want your QB to be able to direct the offense downfield methodically.
Short, safe throws that reduce the number of third and long.
Catch them off-guard here and there if they try to play close to the vest.
Agree and prefer an accurate passer rather a cannon arm; both but would be awesome but those are rare. Interesting but means nothing, Schaub increased his average per pass from college to pro. If Case does the same, watch out. 2010 & 2011 he avg apprx 9.5.