View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Rate My Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I have a hard time trusting lynch completely because of his early career stats but he has been a bank the last 2 years. I look at his offense and KNOW until someone else steps up he is the focal point. His yardage may drop a bit (possibly) but I dont think his td's or at least his td opportunities will.

Sproles has been the rock of gibralter in terms of consistency for years now. Sure i'd like the guy more in a full point per reception format. He's a year older but sean payton is back and I think it evens out. 60 receptions is a safe expectation which translates to 30 points. Dx could do a lot worse. Sproles is safe though he shouldn't expect a monumental year.

When I mentioned an all or nothing approach in my previous post I was talking about everyone excluding lynch and sproles. They look like his safest picks to me.
I have trust issues with my team as well.

The thing with this years draft though is there are questions with all the top RB's imo.

AP - safest pick in the draft, 18 months removed from ACL surgery
Foster - questions about missing week 1, insane workload, low ypc last year
Martin - rookie season last year, not super consistent, hurt already
Lynch - injuries in early career, looks to have fewer carries this season
Spiller - 5'11 195 supposed to take a full workload for first time, new QB, new coaching staff
Charles - Hurt already, history of injuries, smaller back, never handled full workload.
Mccoy - Smaller back, new offense, 1 concussion away from sitting out a few games
Morris - Shannahanigans, sophomore back, RG3 health

I could keep going but like Powda said, I feel like Lynch is the safe pick and probably not a homerun. Same with Sproles, it's PPR with 1 pt per 20 return yards which means Sproles should score at least a few points every week. He might not end up on the top performers list week in and week out but I also don't have to worry about him putting up goose eggs.