View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013   #6
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster's Week 1 availability in doubt?

http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/...source=twitter

#Texans coach Gary Kubiak's quotes on Arian Foster's lingering back injury #NFL

Quote:
#Texans coach Gary Kubiak's quotes on Arian Foster's lingering back injury #NFL

Kubiak on when Foster will return: “Not tomorrow. I’m going to have to make a decision what I’m doing on Tuesday. As of right now, we’ve met with the doctors that have been treating Arian’s back yesterday, right before the game or a couple of hours before the game. It was determined that they want to give it a few more days or whatever that period of time is before they put him back out there. He’s still experiencing some soreness so the decision was made yesterday that he would not return tomorrow.”

What is wrong with Foster’s back: “Yeah, he just has some lower back soreness that is bothering him in his legs a little bit. He’s had some injections to try and alleviate some of the soreness and stuff. The way I understand it right now, we’re trying to get through the injection process, that it’s causing some discomfort and it’s something that’s going to take some time for him to get through.”

How concerned he is about Foster being available for San Diego: “I’m not there yet because I see him work. I see what he’s going through. I am concerned about repetitions and that’s just me as a coach. It doesn’t mean I’m right. I just think guys need to get the practice reps, need to get the reps ready to play. We’ve got to do what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to do the smart thing here. We’ve got one back with NFL experience really on our team other than (RB) Deji (Karim) getting a little time last year in Indy. When you look at that big picture right there, boy, the running back picture is concerning to you. Just getting him back healthy and just getting him back to where we feel like we’re at full-strength. We’ll listen, we’ll listen to his doctors, we’ll listen to Kap (Head Athletic Trainer Geoff Kaplan) and, when he’s ready to go, I know Arian can make up a lot of time very quickly. I think tomorrow will be our 27th football practice as a team, so there’s a lot of work ahead.”

Nature of Foster's soreness: “No, it’s my understanding that’s mostly from the injection. He had the injections I think the Thursday or Friday before the first preseason game and they say that these things take some time to work themselves out.”

Concerned about Foster: “No, they’ve done numerous MRIs and everything looks fine. They’re just trying to make sure that he’s comfortable with how he is feeling and where we’re at before we say ‘go.’ You know, the thing about nowadays it’s always a question of when you yank him off the PUP ... "

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote