View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013   #69
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Smith had knee scoped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Because he's more athletic than Brooks and therefor better suited to get into the second-level, I see Quess as the Texans LG and Brooks on the right side because the Texans are basically a right-handed team (Schaub is right-handed, runs his boots to the right). Brooks strength is, well strength, and that's why they would want him blocking on the play-side as much as possible. Also it's not just LT Duane Brown, but the LG who's got Schaub's 'blind-side", and Quess was a multi-year LT in college and therefor probably a better, more experienced pass-blocker than Brooks.
This has been my position since the draft. I'd like to see Q back up Brown and Smith this season and start LG 2014.