View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dolphins preview + post camp wrap-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think Texans_Chick has said that.

I don't think the size or practice squad eligibility arguments hold water. But the crux of her posts revolve around her opinion that Keenum isn't good. I think she has owned that.
TC did stress that she didn't think Case play well enough to keep on the roster.

But she also said that, and I quote
"Keenum is less than ideal size for NFL development".

While I agree that he doesn't have ideal size, I do think (and this is JMO) that he has enough talent to be given a chance to see whether he can be further developed. Whether his maximum potential is a backup or whatever, we can agree to disagree on.

I still do not say that Keenum has convinced me for certain that he can be a legit backup. However, based on his plays in last preseason and this last PS game, I'd like to see more of him in game situation to further the evaluation process.
Kubiak had promised us that Yates and Keenum should end up having roughly the same opportunity this preseason, and that's all I want.

And for those who may think that I'm bias, my posting record indicates that I'm in the corner of all the QBs that have ever put on a Texans uni, be it Rosenfels, Grossman, Brink, Orlovaky, Leinart, Yates, or Schaub.

You don't hear me lobbying much for Hunter, or whomever just because the guy went to UH. I was even surprised that Hunter got promoted to the 53-man roster last year.

I talked about how I don't like Kolb's holding on the ball too long; he ended up taking the equivalent number of sacks as Carr did.

At the very least, I try hard not to be bias because of school allegiance.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote