View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013   #144
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Bags/Purses to Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I had decided to stay out of this discussion, BUT, it's football season and I AM a woman, so here's my opinion, for what it's worth!

I understand the ban, and support it completely! Here's why. We're talking about approx FOUR hours out of a game day that a person will be without all the STUFF they think they can't live without. That's not a very long time, and where there's a will there's a way. I can shove everything I need into my pockets, or into a clear bag. IF a baby needs more than a couple diapers, or one bottle of milk during that four hours then maybe that baby needs to be under a Doc's care or home with a babysitter, not at a football game!! Pads and tampons are EASY to hide, and again, if you need to use more that 2 during a four hr time frame then you might want to consider seeing a GYN! For old timers like me, I will take my meds BEFORE I go to the game or put them in one of those cute little containers they have for medications these days. You don't have to take the entire, huge bottle of pills to a game!! I just think fans are making more out of this than they need to.. All ya gotta do is plan for the time you're inside the stadium, not the entire time you are on the premises. Safety should always come first! JMO!
It is fake safety.

Look at the pictures of the stuffed plastic bag. They still have to inspect it.

The bag doesn't have a shoulder strap. Which would be all sorts of handy if you are dealing with kids or at a tailgate and want to use two hands.

And shoulder straps on clutches are tiny. My pockets are typically too small for stuff. And the plastic bag has no shoulder straps. One way I figure out what purse to get is whether somebody could easily snatch it if I was in a public place.

This policy makes me feel LESS SAFE. I either have bare minimum stuff with me in a clutch with a small shoulder strap or all my valuables on display in a plastic bag that is so rickety it will likely fall apart in a couple of games.

And it isn't just 4 hours.

When we were at the Ravens game, I packed my purse full of cold weather gear. We left our hotel super early in the morning. Walked over a mile to a bar, tailgate then stadium. In some sketchy parts of Baltimore without any security. Then we walked back to the hotel after the game.

In the fourth quarter when the sun went down, I was able to grab my extra cold weather gear. And that game wasn't even the coldest the league sees. Or rainy.

If I'm tailgating without my own car about, I have to hold my stuff with one hand because no shoulder strap. And hold a blanket? (I packed mine tight in my purse last time).

This is a stupid policy that makes exactly no one safer and makes me feel less safe with greater inconveniences. Security theater.

Hopefully it doesn't catch on. They never roll back stupid fake security measures.