View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
If I'm not a season ticket holder, go to the ticket office and want to buy a ticket to a preaseason game, will I be charged the full price, or a discounted "preseason" price? To me, that answers all the questions. It's ridiculous that preseason games are priced at the same level as regular season.

EDIT: I fully understand the "whole package" argument. But that should only apply to regular season. There you play "Jacksonvilles" and "New Englands", and those games certainly have different values. Preseason games are not anywhere close in value to the worst regular season game.
This is a season ticket holder only issue. If you choose to go up to the ticket office and pay the face value that is on you. The ire is over having to buy them. Polian's point is value. Maybe the preseason tickets are worth nothing in the marketplace (although we have seen them go for most or full face value here) but then again you might get a 500% return on the Patriots which pays in total for the perceived lack of value of the preseason tickets.

You don't get to decide what is in the package. The Texans offer it, just like every other team in the league, for exactly what it sounds like - the whole season. People really should save their stress and look at it as they paid $1000 for the season.