View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013   #583
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Texans' Hopkins content to do his talking on the field

By Brian T. Smith/chron.com

Quote:
"That's why I don't like doing interviews, honestly, right now," Hopkins said. "Because I haven't done anything on the field yet. I've got a lot of work to do. I don't want to talk myself up or anything."

Hopkins' grade on his debut: D. His take: "One preseason game."

"I really don't have any personal goals besides rookie of the year, which I would expect all rookies to have," Hopkins said. "Being on this team and knowing that they haven't got a championship, I just want to come in and contribute to be part of that."

"I don't think he's trying to be Andre Johnson," RickSmith said. "I think he's trying to be DeAndre Hopkins in a way that's authentic but shares similar characteristics with some of the things that make Andre great."

"All this is about the team," Hopkins said. "None of this is about me."

"This team is a lot of guys who just go out and work and don't do a lot of talking off the field," Hopkins said. "It just grows on you, how these guys are."
Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
#Texans' DeAndre Hopkins on who's joined him in #Houston from South Carolina: "Nobody. This team is my family." #NFL

Chris Carter was DeAndre Hopkins' favorite wide receiver when he was growing up. Partly because of stats. Also because Carter played 16 years

Last edited by Playoffs; 08-17-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote