View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013   #52
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm going to tread lightly here as not to piss anyone off....

But I think it was Bill Polian that made a good point. He said that the costs really balance out. As a season ticket holder the price is the same across the board...the price on all the tickets is the same. So you're paying the same for a pre-season game that you're paying for a high profile game against a good team.

He wondered if people would feel better about it if say a pre season ticket had $100 on it, but that Sunday night game against high profile team A had $350 on it.

Anyways, I just thought it was an interesting perspective.
I was going to post this but no offense he said it a little better than that. He said he wished they would stop printing any price on the tickets because what you are buying is a package of tickets of varying values. Yes the pre-season tickets are worth less but then right now there are tickets which would be sold for over "face value" as well. He's right. Right now you could probably draw a premium on Baltimore, Seahawks, 49ers, Patriots and Broncos at least.