View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Smith had knee scoped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I know they've been doing work on his knees from time to time last year; I just don't what it was they were doing.

Do you any info on those occasions?

My gut feeling in the off-season was that he's not going to make it through another year healthy or in decent playing shape with those knees.
Beginning with the Jets game (week 5) last year, Smith essentially made the Injury Report every week for a "knee." This is an independent reason I have for being concerned with the history of "deep bone bruise" AND a recent history of 2 scopes. The combination of history of last year, with these 3 recent "events," makes his future look that much more questionable......not optimistic.

Let's look back to just a short while ago:

Quote:
Posted: 6:05 p.m. Monday, Aug. 12, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: With Questions Surrounding Wade Smith's Knee, Texans Make Trade With Eagles

Earlier today, Gary Kubiak revealed that Pro Bowl left guard Wade Smith, thought to have suffered a relatively minor knee injury, is getting a second opinion after the knee failed to respond to treatment as well as the team hoped:

"Obviously, he banged knees, had his knee swell up on him, had a big bone bruise," head coach Gary Kubiak said Monday morning. "Hasn’t responded the last few days the way we wanted it. We’re re-evaluating him, having some other people look at it today."

"We were expecting him back in a few days, but it just didn’t happen,"
Kubiak said. I’m okay until I hear what’s next, but obviously there’s another step for us to take. Got to find out what’s going on here."
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote