View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013   #331
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I think this is exactly right. Not saying Case isn't doing the right things, but I think this is probably more how it goes behind the scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But that's probably NOT what Kubiak is saying at all. The play probably went off schedule because Case didn't do what Kubiak wanted him to do. That's not a good thing to be doing if you want to stay on the team, regardless of how successful you happened to be on those plays.
I agree with both of you.

Case is going to have to answer those questions to Kubiak's liking.... chances are he did & that's what earned him a shot with the 2nd team.

At the same time, I'm sure Kubiak liked what he saw on all the off-scheduled stuff. He expected that Case would have to go off schedule, just like he'll expect Tj to go off schedule (& if McGee gets field time), & see what happens.

Schaub probably wouldn't have performed as well as Case did with the 3s & 4s.... but Schaub is higher on the depth chart.